Food Plan Friday - June 15

It's Food Plan Friday! Here's what I'm planning for the upcoming week. My "Day 1" is usually Saturday, and I'm trying to incorporate recipes that the girls can get involved in on the weekends so that it's a fun activity too. And since this is Father's Day weekend, how can we not have Steaks for grilling on Sunday?

No Peeking Peking Chicken
courtesy of Rachel Ray Magazine
I'm learning that there will be leftovers at least once through the course of the week, and I've been using them for lunches or for Friday's dinner (when I'm completely out of steam and REALLY don't feel like cooking.

Day 1 - English Muffin Pizza  - So Beads can build her own

Day 2 - Cowboy Steaks (though I'll probably skip the grilling on a plank and the mashed potatoes) and Cauliflower Mash (I use 1 small potato)

Day 3 - Mustard Pork and Green Bean Casserole

Day 4 - No Peeking Peking Chicken and Quinoa

Day 5 - Burritos and Corn on the Cob

Day 6 - BBQ Pulled Pork, Cole Slaw and a can of Pork & Beans

Day 7 - Pick o' the Day - Whatever is on sale and is easy and catches my eye at the store. Or maybe I'll roll the dice and plan on leftovers.

Popular Posts