Midday Mama Mambo

First of all, let me say that it is CRITICAL to my sanity to get out of the house at least once a day. "Getting out of the house" can sometimes mean walking to the mailbox or cutting a bouquet of roses from my garden. More often, though, it means getting away from the house, such as:
- Lunch with a friend
- 30-minute workout
- Grocery store run
- Trip to the library
 - Etc.

Whatever that sanity break looks like, I am ever-cognizant of the fact that I am working from home, so I also try to fit in a 10 or 15 minute break at some point to address a critical home need. I call this break the Midday Mama Mambo. Whether throwing in a load of laundry, sweeping the never ending layer of dog hair from the hardwood floors, or doing a little mise en place for dinner, it's amazing what that snippet of time can do to make family time that evening a little smoother, a little more "family."
Today it's prepping No Peeking Peking Chicken from this week's Food Plan.


Anything that can be thrown in a slow cooker is a winner in my book.

Yes, that's Charles Shaw in the background. Don't judge me.
A little Midday Mama Mambo means that when I go to pick up the girls from daycare, I can color with Beads or make funny faces at Bunny rather than be frantic in the kitchen, get frustrated, and decide that dinner will be Cheerios yet again (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Popular Posts