A French Artiste, A Cowgirl, And Me

Costumes for Halloween? For a stage production? Sign me up! Dressing up for work conferences, though?
 
*Sigh*
 
I don't know if it's all industries or just mine. There's this obsession with themes and dressing to the theme. In the past 4 months alone, I've been a French artiste.
 
Oui, that's me in the beret
 

and a cowgirl.
Please tell me they were kidding about the mechanical bull



 
They weren't kidding about the mechanical bull.
 
I guess for some, dressing up as someone or something else allows them to think in a different way, get out of their comfort zone, be open to different ideas or approaches. But even with all these creative juices flowing around me, the conferences always seem to still look like this.
 
 
 
Unless you're in the Action Sports industry, in which case your conferences and trade shows look like this.
 

 
I guess the thing to keep in mind is that for a Home Officer, conferences and trade shows, costumes and all, are a way to keep in touch with what's going on in the industry, keep up relationships with clients and vendors, and to get out of that cave. So, I guess, in the end, I'm willing to don those bell bottoms or pull on the leg warmers and costume with the best of them. Let's just hope they at least have a couple of drink tickets for me.



Popular Posts